Edinburgh Castle "New Barracks" in Edinburgh, Scotland
Located on an extinct volcano, Edinburgh Castle has beautiful views of the city. Most construction dates from the end of the 1700's, a period of threat from Napoleon. The seven story "New Barracks", intended to house 600 troops, was finished in 1799 and dominates the castle's western end. Edinburgh's oldest building, Saint Margaret's Chapel, is also located here and dates from the 1100's.